Drink in Hand: Ice Water
I should be packing right now, but I decided to take a break and post a few notes on the adventure we may be taking. We're not sure if we're actually going to go through with it yet, but we're prepping for it. Weather, both precipitation and wind, will be the deciding factors. I think we can take a bit of snow, but high winds will probably mean a no go. Oh, so, what's the adventure. . . to summit Mt. Shasta of course. Having never hiked 14er that's covered in snow, we're a bit leery. You have to start somewhere I suppose. We think we have the right gear (better sleeping bag for me is key). Beth has of course researched more than me, but we've both read some about the hike. The hope is that we get some decent weather this weekend, but it's not looking so good at this point. We'll be checking the Shasta Avalanche site for details on the current conditions and will probably make the decision to go or not tomorrow. Wish us luck if we decide to have a go!
But on to the photographs for tonight. Talking about climbing a big mountain always makes me think of taking the train (yep, riding, not hiking or climbing) to the Top of Europe. It was definitely cold up there and windy, but not as high as Shasta. The views though, were amazing!